Monday, October 5, 2009

In the beginning...

When I first started the credential/masters program at APU, my life was in the midst of radical changes. My husband and I just moved to CA from Maui and just had our first child. My daughter was about 6 months old when I went back to school to conquer a teaching credential and graduate school. I have to say that in the midst of all the stress and decisions and life-style changes, I was not truly relying on the Lord's strength or wisdom but on my own. The thing is that relying on God takes patience and eyes that are focused upward on Him. I felt like things were happening so fast that I could not wait for His answers. So, I made my own. None of this was a conscious "back-turning" on God. I was praying, but I think I was not listening. The amazing, mind-blowing thing is that God is so faithful even when we are not. He sees us through hard times and gives us grace even when we are stubborn. Did I have hard times at the beginning of this program? Yes! But looking back as I am now in the middle of my masters degree, I can see how His sovereign hand has always guided my steps. Yes, He allowed me to fall at times so that He could be the one to pick me up and become my ultimate strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment