Sunday, October 11, 2009

Incorporating God's Word in the Classroom

I am a big believer in living life with a single purpose: to love God with all my mind, heart, and soul and to love others as myself. I constantly fail at this and am so thankful for God's endless grace because of my distracted mind and spiritual amnesia.

But, as I have been "forced" to evaluate my teaching philosophy at APU, I am recharged with the goal to live this purpose out in the classroom. I do not want to live my life in separate boxes: home, work, school, play, etc. I want to live and work all unto the Lord. I can't simply preach the gospel in my classroom, but I can glorify God by loving my students with God's love and living out the scriptures in the way I teach and interact with them. I look to Jesus as the ultimate role model. Wherever He taught, He met the people at their point of understanding, included their interests, and then challenged them to go further and see life in new ways. He constantly served, cared, and had compassion but He also disciplined, rebuked, and challenged when necessary. By keeping my eyes on Jesus' mission of loving and restoring in order to bring glory to the Father, I hopefully can bring the "gospel" to the classroom through my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment